I’m absolutely thrilled to announce that my horror collection, Perfect Little Stitches and Other Stories (IFWG Publishing Australia), has made it into the preliminary “Bram Stoker Award” 2017 ballot for Superior Achievement in a Fiction Collection.
There are ten other titles vying for the shortlist in my category. I’m up against Joe Hill, among other industry heavyweights! Just to be mentioned on the same page is a tremendous honour.
And a very hearty congratulations to Aussie and Kiwi authors Alan Baxter, Lee Murray and Dan Rabarts who made the preliminary list in their categories. Check out their work here:
For the full list of the Bram Stoker 2017 Preliminary Ballot, please click here.
For more information about “Perfect Little Stitches and Other Stories”, click here.
My horror novella, Thylacines, is now available in paperback.
- New from Severed Press, my horror novella Thylacines is available from Amazon as an ebook. (The paperback will be available later in the week.)
- One of IFWG Publishing Australia’s newest authors, Andrew Cull, has a “Writers on Writing” weekly feature on his Facebook page. My contribution is a snippet of advice on how to better your chances of getting your short story collection picked up by a publisher.
- IFWG Publishing Australia releases the cover design for my horror novel, Contrition, due for release July 2018.
October – December 2017
- Fiona Mcvie interviews me about my upcoming releases in 2018.
- I’m thrilled to announce that I’ve signed a contract with IFWG Publishing Australia for my horror novel, Contrition. Publication will be July 2018.
- The Women In Horror blog publishes my essay, “The horror of family”, which explores why stories about dysfunctional families resonate with both readers and writers.
- My play monologue, Corpse Candles, is accepted into the ARKfest Short Play Festival. On March 24th & 25th 2018, twenty-five plays will be performed at a Yarra Ranges arts centre by theatre companies from around the state of Victoria.
- I’m thrilled to announce that I have signed a contract with Oscillate Wildly Press for my short story collection, 300 Degree Days and Other Stories, first published by Ginninderra Press. The collection is scheduled for release in 2018.
- Aurealis Magazine #106 includes a glowing review of my horror collection, Perfect Little Stitches and Other Stories.
- Aurealis includes Perfect Little Stitches and Other stories in their Reviewer’s Picks of 2017.
- My play monologue, Corpse Candles, is shortlisted by the ARKfest Short Play Festival.
- Be in the running to win a paperback copy of my romance-suspense novella, The Long Shot (Desert Breeze Publishing). The Goodreads giveaway is open to entries from Australia, US, Canada, New Zealand, and UK. Entries close January 15th, 2018.
- I’m thrilled to announce that I have signed a contract with Severed Press for a creature-horror novella, Thylacines. It is scheduled for release January 2018.
- New from Digital Fiction Publishing Corp, the horror anthology Killing It Softly 2 is out now. Thirty-eight female horror writers give you a glimpse of their inner-demons, unleashing the hell-fire they suppress in the ‘real’ world. Included is my story, “A faithful companion”.
- One of IFWG Publishing Australia’s newest authors, Andrew Cull, has started a “Writers on Writing” weekly feature on his Facebook page. My contribution is a snippet of advice on workshopping groups.
- The Victorian Writer magazine is a valuable resource for Writers Victoria members and aspiring writers across Australia. The October/November issue includes my feature article, “How to spot a bad editor”.