- My dark literary collection, 300 Degree Days and Other Stories, is now available in paperback from Amazon.
- My short story “Stagecoach from Castlemaine” will kick off the TOC for the third and final instalment of The Infernal Clock horror anthologies, titled DeadCades. The anthology is due for publication in October.
- Bookworms Corner Blog Spot features me in their Author Spotlight, which includes an author interview and terrific reviews of my two latest horror releases, the novella Thylacines and the collection Perfect Little Stitches and Other Stories.
- Speculative Fiction showcase features an excerpt from “A guest for dinner”, one of the stories in my collection 300 Degree Days and Other Stories.
- Speculative Fiction Showcase interviews me about writing dark fiction.
- The Horror Tree gives my collection Perfect Little Stitches and Other Stories a wonderful review. Thanks so much to Alyson Faye.
January – March 2018
- The ARKfest Short Play Festival in Melbourne, Australia, ran over the weekend of March 24th and 25th 2018. Thirty-one plays battled it out for first prize in the grand finale. My monologue Corpse Candles, directed by Bob Bramble and acted by Aimee Short, came second. Aimee won Best Actress. Congratulations!
- MaMa’s Book Corner invited me to write a guest post. “On writing monsters” explores some of the techniques I use to conjure up creatures for my horror fiction.
- Risingshadow posts a wonderful review of my horror novella Thylacines.
- UK writer Alyson Faye interviews me for the Horror Tree.
- New from Oscillate Wildly Press, my petite collection 300 Degree Days and Other Stories is now available from Amazon as an ebook.
- Elaia Ezine publishes interviews and reviews of speculative fiction in books, film and television. I’m delighted with their review of my bio-horror novella, Thylacines.
- I’m happy to announce that two of my works have been shortlisted for Aurealis Awards: the short story “Angel Hair” for Best Horror Short Story 2017; and Perfect Little Stitches and Other Stories for Best Collection 2017. View the full list of nominations here.
- From the well-respected Tor Books comes the latest issue of “Aurora Australis”, a monthly round-up of publishing news and highlights from Australia and New Zealand. I’m so pleased that two of my works have been mentioned: the horror novella Thylacines (Severed Press) and the Bram Stoker long-listed collection Perfect Little Stitches and Other Stories (IFWG Publishing Australia). Other works include Jason Franks’ Faerie Apocalypse, Steven Paulsen’s Shadows on the Wall, and the collection Cthulhu Deep Down Under. For more information about this month’s featured Australasian horror and fantasy writers, please click here.
- Tarran Jones, Australian writer and book publicist, invited me to write a guest blog post on how I like to include Australian fauna in my horror stories.
I’m absolutely thrilled to announce that my horror collection, Perfect Little Stitches and Other Stories (IFWG Publishing Australia), has made it into the preliminary “Bram Stoker Award” 2017 ballot for Superior Achievement in a Fiction Collection.
There are ten other titles vying for the shortlist in my category. I’m up against Joe Hill, among other industry heavyweights! Just to be mentioned on the same page is a tremendous honour.
And a very hearty congratulations to Aussie and Kiwi authors Alan Baxter, Lee Murray and Dan Rabarts who made the preliminary list in their categories. Check out their work here:
For the full list of the Bram Stoker 2017 Preliminary Ballot, please click here.
For more information about “Perfect Little Stitches and Other Stories”, click here.
My horror novella, Thylacines, is now available in paperback.
- New from Severed Press, my horror novella Thylacines is available from Amazon as an ebook. (The paperback will be available later in the week.)
- One of IFWG Publishing Australia’s newest authors, Andrew Cull, has a “Writers on Writing” weekly feature on his Facebook page. My contribution is a snippet of advice on how to better your chances of getting your short story collection picked up by a publisher.
- IFWG Publishing Australia releases the cover design for my horror novel, Contrition, due for release July 2018.