October – November 2017
- Be in the running to win a paperback copy of my romance-suspense novella, The Long Shot (Desert Breeze Publishing). The Goodreads giveaway is open to entries from Australia, US, Canada, New Zealand, and UK. Entries close January 15th, 2018.
- I’m thrilled to announce that I have signed a contract with Severed Press for a creature-horror novella, Thylacines. It is scheduled for release January 2018.
- New from Digital Fiction Publishing Corp, the horror anthology Killing It Softly 2 is out now. Thirty-eight female horror writers give you a glimpse of their inner-demons, unleashing the hell-fire they suppress in the ‘real’ world. Included is my story, “A faithful companion”.
- One of IFWG Publishing Australia’s newest authors, Andrew Cull, has started a “Writers on Writing” weekly feature on his Facebook page. My contribution is a snippet of advice on workshopping groups.
- The Victorian Writer magazine is a valuable resource for Writers Victoria members and aspiring writers across Australia. The October/November issue includes my feature article, “How to spot a bad editor”.
July – September 2017
- The Pilot 2018 Diary For Writers features advice from Island, Griffith Review, Poetry New Zealand, Lip, Rabbit, and Brief PLUS writing tips, prompts and encouragement from some of Australia and New Zealand’s authors, poets, playwrights, journalists and critics, including Garry Disher, Alan Baxter, Jane Turner Goldsmith, me, and many more.
- I’m thrilled to announce that I’ve signed a contract with IFWG Publishing Australia for a collection of 33 stories. The collection, untitled at the moment, will be released in Q3 of 2018. From the IFWG website:
“I’m excited by this project,” stated Gerry Huntman, Managing Director of the publishing house, “because we have Deborah’s latest fiction collected in ‘Perfect Little Stitches and Other Stories’, and this acquisition distills the very best of her earlier dark fiction. We also decided to add a bonus two original pieces. We have an amazing relationship with Deborah and it makes perfect sense to publish the complete continuum of her dark fiction for reader enjoyment.”
- My romance-suspense novella, The Long Shot, is available in paperback.
- Be in the running to win a paperback copy of my horror collection, Perfect Little Stitches and other stories (IFWG Publishing Australia). The Goodreads giveaway is open to entries from Australia, US, Canada, New Zealand, and UK. Entries close November 13th, 2017.
- I’m interviewed by Risingshadow, one of the largest sci-fi and fantasy book databases, about my collection, Perfect Little Stitches and other stories.
- My horror collection, Perfect Little Stitches and other stories, is out now.
- Desert Breeze Publishing published my romance-suspense novella, The Long Shot, on September 1st. Find out more here.
- My feature article, ‘How to spot a bad editor’, is accepted for publication by The Victorian Writer magazine.
- Through the Mentorship Program run by the Australasian Horror Writers Association, I am mentoring editor and emerging writer, Geneve Flynn, for a period of three months. In her latest blog post, Gen writes about the experience of being a mentee.
- Perfect Little Stitches and other stories, my dark fantasy and horror collection, is available now for pre-order, in both ebook and print format. The release date is September 1st.
- Anemone Enemy anthology, published by Oscillate Wildly Press, is released. It includes my flash fiction piece, ‘Cast down’.
- Desert Breeze Publishing has released the cover for my romance-suspense novella, ‘The Long Shot’.
- Be in the running to win a paperback copy of my crime-noir novellas, ‘Dark Waters’ & ‘Ronnie and Rita’. The Goodreads giveaway is open to entries from Australia, US, Canada, New Zealand, and UK. Entries close September 10th, 2017.
- The “Women in Horror Blog” publishes my mini-memoir on body horror.