January – March 2019
- Christine Morgan of the Horror Fiction Review gives my noir-horror novel Contrition five-stars.
- Lesley-Ann of the Housewife of Horror blog gives my noir-horror novel Contrition a five-star review.
- The paperback edition of Beside the Seaside: Tales from the Daytripper, which includes my story “The Sand”, is now available for pre-order. The anthology is scheduled for release in April.
- The ebook edition of Year’s Best Hardcore Horror #4, which includes my story “Hair and Teeth”, is now available for pre-order. The official release date is April 16th.
- My short story “For Weirdless Days and Weary Nights”, published in Breach #8, is shortlisted for the Aurealis Award “Best Young Adult Short Story”. See the full list of nominees here.
- In honour of Women In Horror Month, the Horror Tree is featuring guest blog posts from female horror writers. My contribution is “The Invisible Woman”.
- Great news! Twelfth Planet Press has accepted my romance-suspense novella, The Long Shot, for publication. (Release date TBC.)
- Author Clare Rhoden interviews me about career highlights, my award-winning collection Perfect Little Stitches and Other Stories, current projects, and my latest release, the noir-horror novel Contrition (IFWG Publishing Australia).
- Year’s Best Hardcore Horror #4 is due for release in April 2019. It includes my story “Hair and Teeth”, first published in Aurealis #113. For the cover reveal and full TOC, click here.
- My short story “The Sand” has been accepted for the upcoming Things in the Well horror anthology Beside the Seaside – Tales from the Daytripper. Things in the Well, the publishing arm of Oz Horror Con, releases themed anthologies, single-author collections and flash fiction magazines.
October – December 2018
- My short story, “The Tea and Sugar Train”, is accepted for publication by Dimension6, the speculative fiction magazine by Coeur de Lion Publishing.
- My short story “Hair and Teeth”, first published in Aurealis #113, will be included in Year’s Best Hardcore Horror #4. The anthology is due for release mid-2019.
- Bernadette of the Spine Cracker horror blog interviews me about my latest release Contrition, my thoughts on writer’s block, and my time as a researcher and scriptwriter on the TV show Australia’s Most Wanted.
- Aurealis #115 includes a review of my bio-horror novella Thylacines.
- DeadCades: the Infernal Decimation is the third and final instalment in the Infernal Clock anthology series. It includes my story “Stagecoach from Castlemaine”, first published in my award-winning collection Perfect Little Stitches and Other Stories.
- My flash fiction piece, “Entombed”, is published in AntipodeanSF #243.