My article, ‘The How-To of Health Writing’, is published in the November 2015 issue of ‘The Victorian Writer’ magazine: https://writersvictoria.org.au/resources/the-victorian-writer
From my first year in college (1986) until 1999, I did a lot of magazine work. Selected highlights include:
- In 1999, ‘Trim, taut and tortured’, my article on male body image published in Australian Penthouse, resulted in nationwide media interest, including numerous radio interviews.
- From 1995 to 1998, I was feature writer and columnist for Women’s Fitness Australia, with more than 60 published articles and dozens of columns. My focus included body image, wholistic health and deconstruction of the dieting mentality. I also undertook a nationwide reader survey on body image, diet and exercise behaviour.
- In 1989, I lived in London, England, and was the ‘Body Business’ section editor of Leisureweek magazine, a trade paper for British leisure industries.
- From 1986 to 1989, I was Victorian correspondent for Muscle and Fitness, which included interviewing Mr Olympia legends such as Lee Haney and Rich Gaspari.
- Over the years, I contributed feature articles to various national magazines such as Australian Women’s Weekly, Prevention, Australian Wellbeing, Royal Auto, Flex (US), The Pump, Ironman, Women in Sport, Australian Women’s Forum.