April – May 2015
- Gargouille #2, which includes my play script, ‘We have what you want’, is available for pre-order: http://www.gargouille.com.au/store/
- My 100-word short story, ‘Family Album’, is published by microfiction and poetry magazine, A Quiet Courage: https://aquietcourage.wordpress.com/2015/04/25/family-album/
- My horror short story, ‘Perfect Little Stitches’, is published in Midnight Echo magazine #11: http://midnightechomagazine.com/2015/04/15/the-vulture-has-landed/
- Cohesion Press has a booth at the Melbourne Supanova 2015, Melbourne Showgrounds in Flemington, Saturday April 11th and Sunday April 12th. I will be there (2-4pm) on both days, signing copies of my novella, ‘Dark Waters’, alongside Cohesion Press editor-in-chief Geoff Brown, and fellow authors Kaaron Warren, Robert Hood and Gerry Huntman. Very excited!
- My flash fiction piece, ‘Muscle Fatigue’, is published by One Page Literary Magazine: http://www.onepagelitmag.com.au/2015/04/10/muscle-fatigue/
February – March 2015
- Editors of Gargouille Magazine ask to publish my short-play script, ‘We Have What You Want’.
- Shepparton Theatre Arts Company (STAG) performs my short play, ‘Family Business’, as part of their ’10 in Ten Festival’ from March 8th – 9th 2015.
- Kaaron Warren interviews me for the upcoming ‘Sinister’ issue of Midnight Echo magazine. Includes a sneak peek at my story, ‘Perfect Little Stitches’: http://midnightechomagazine.com/2015/02/26/meet-the-writer-deborah-sheldon/
- My crime-noir novella, ‘Dark Waters’, is listed in ‘Friday Finds’ of the Australian review website, Just A Guy That Likes To Read. (Quote: ‘I loved RONNIE AND RITA, Sheldon’s crime noir novella and am looking forward to reading this.’): http://justaguythatlikes2read.blogspot.com.au/2015/02/friday-finds-20-february-2015.html
- My collection, ‘Mayhem: selected stories’, is listed in the Australian Crime Writers Association website: http://www.austcrimewriters.com/releases/mayhem-selected-stories%20by%20deborah-sheldon
- My short story, ‘A guest for dinner’, is accepted for publication in The Anthology of Loss, edited by Gina Mercer and Terry Whitebeach, due for release in late 2015.
- I’m interviewed by Satalyte Publishing in the lead-up to the release of ‘Mayhem: selected stories’: http://satalyte.com.au/2015/02/interview-author-deborah-sheldon/
- My short story, ‘Will o’ the wisp’, is accepted for publication in the ‘Lighthouse’ anthology by Black Beacon Books, due for publication later in 2015.
November 2014 – January 2015
- Alfie Dog Fiction UK lists me as their featured author from January 23rd to February 6th: http://alfiedog.com/featured-author/
- My short story, ‘Perfect Little Stitches’, will be published in the April edition of Midnight Echo magazine: http://midnightechomagazine.com/2015/01/11/midnight-echo-11-table-of-contents-announced/
- The January/February fiction edition of ‘The Victorian Writer’ (magazine of Writers Victoria) features an excerpt from my crime-noir novella, ‘Dark Waters’.
- In December 2014, I’m interviewed by Fiona McVie of Authors Interviews UK: http://wp.me/p3uv2y-2pg
- Via Goodreads, Cohesion Press is giving away three paperback copies of my crime-noir novella, ‘Dark Waters’ (with bonus novella, ‘Ronnie and Rita’). https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/show/120217-dark-waters
- My short play, ‘Family business’, will be performed as part of the ‘Ten in 10 session’ by Shepparton Theatre Arts Group, in March 2015.
- My crime-noir novella, ‘Dark Waters’ (Cohesion Press), is now available through Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QZ6UKD0
- Cohesion Press releases my crime-noir novella, ‘Dark Waters’ as a paperback: http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Waters-Deborah-Sheldon/dp/0992558158
- My short story, ‘Crazy Town is a happy place’, is published in the summer edition of Tincture Journal, December 2014: http://tincture-journal.com/contributors/
- My play monologue, ‘Family racket’, was performed as part of the Madwomen Monologues at the Local Taphouse, St Kilda, in Melbourne, November 2014. Many thanks to Nadia Andary, Natasha Broadstock, and the producers of Baggage Productions – Christina, Bridgette, and Maureen: http://www.baggageproductions.com/?page_id=508
- My short story, ‘Fair-Haired Boy’, is included in the UK Alfie Dog anthology, ‘The Day Death Wore Boots’, alongside a range of international authors http://alfiedog.com/products-page/alan-cadman/the-day-death-wore-boots-a-collection-of-ghost-stories/